After a bit of thinking on how to do this by myself, I finally accomplished hanging the span wire setup back up again. It was a LOT of work doing it by myself. Trust me.
I could never get the span tight enough so the signals didn’t hang to low to the ground.
After a lot of thinking I decided to try a new approach. I added some thicker diameter wire to two of the anchor wires for the poles. I also put a couple turnbuckles on them. I could only get the wire so tight, but using the turnbuckle, It gave me a way to tighten up the wires after I clamped them in place.
So, 18 trips up and down the ladder this morning and I FINALLY got things tight as I could with very little sag on the span.
I also bought myself a cheap $18 Come Along. I was able to secure one side of it to the pole and the other to the span and pull the wire through the tensioner. Remember, I’m trying to do all this by myself, on a ladder, usually with a dog barking at me because i’m not near him or playing with him.
So after about 45 minutes of work, I was able to get it much tighter than before. It was almost straight between the poles.
And testing it out with a couple of the yard signals. Look, it’s not sagging!
After some more work, I got the 2 signals up on the span that I wanted to. These two were pared together for around 45 years or maybe more. They were there when I moved a block away in 1970. (yes, I remember things like that)
There was some sag from the same troublesome post. Had to take the signals down again and fix that. Hopefully the last time.
Here it is running with the controller.